Use of the Website
The Independent Electricity Market Operator of the Philippines Inc. (IEMOP) owns and operates the Website (www.iemop.ph) for the primary purpose of publishing Wholesale Electricity Spot Market (WESM) information that are required to be published under the provisions of WESM Rules and relevant market manuals.
By using this Website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- As IEMOP may revise these terms and conditions without prior notice, you are responsible to review these terms and conditions whenever you use the Website. Your use of the Website after any revision shall constitute your agreement to such revision/s.
- IEMOP publishes information on the Website subject to the availability of the information. While IEMOP endeavors to regularly update the information contained in the Website, it does not guarantee that the information contained therein is updated, accurate or complete.
- IEMOP does not guarantee that the Website or any part of it, or the information posted in it, are available at all times and are free from viruses or any destructive features.
- IEMOP does not make representations or warranties on information and/or data received from sources other than IEMOP that are posted in the Website.
- Persons or entities accessing the Website and/or relying on information posted on the Website do so at their own risk. IEMOP shall not, under any circumstances, be made liable for damages of any kind arising out of the use of or reliance upon any information, service and/or resource contained in the Website such as but not limited to lost income or business opportunities, corruption of data, or any damage to hardware or software.
- IEMOP may from time to time revise, supplement or delete any information, service and/or resource contained in the Website. IEMOP reserves the right to make such changes without prior notice.
- The Website includes links or pointers to other websites owned or maintained by other parties over which IEMOP has no control, such links or pointers are provided for convenience only. The provision of such hyperlinks or pointers shall not be understood as an authorization or endorsement by IEMOP of such other website or any information posted in such other website. IEMOP makes no representations and assumes no responsibility whatsoever in the use of any such website.
- Links to the Website are not permitted other than to the Home Page, unless IEMOP has given prior written permission.
- Access to the Website does not grant any license or right in either the form or content of the Website, including any information, service and/or resource contained therein. Unless otherwise expressly stated with respect to specific information in the Website, all rights over the Website and information in the Website are owned by IEMOP.
- Information and/or resources contained in the Website may not be adopted, modified or reproduced without the prior written consent of IEMOP. If you become aware of any material in the Website that infringes the intellectual property of third parties, please let us know immediately.
- IEMOP reserves the right to restrict, suspend or disable access to certain areas of the Website at its discretion. To protect privacy and security, IEMOP will take reasonable steps to verify a user’s identity before granting access to certain areas or data in the Website.
- This terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Philippines. Any claims or disputes of any kind arising out of the interpretation or enforcement of this Statement shall be exclusively adjudicated in courts of Pasig City, Philippines to the exclusion of all other venues.
The IEMOP is committed to comply with existing laws and government regulations. Specifically, IEMOP recognizes its obligations under the Data Privacy Act (DPA) and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) which protect Personal Information of an individual. IEMOP treats Personal Information it processes as company asset and recognizes that the security of the company’s information assets, the quality of its services, the satisfaction of its stakeholders, and its compliance with existing laws are vital to the success of its business. To this end, IEMOP has its Data Privacy Manual, this Privacy Notice and internal business protocols. We advise that you read this Privacy Notice to understand our policies on data privacy.
IEMOP may revise this Privacy Notice to comply with the DPA, its IRR, other government rules and regulations, and its internal business protocols. You are responsible to review this Privacy Notice. Your use of the Website, engagement and/or application to engage services of IEMOP after any revision shall constitute your agreement to such revision/s.
Personal Information that IEMOP processes
In using this Website, you authorize IEMOP to process personal and other unique information in the Website, i.e. contact details, user IDs, passwords, etc. IEMOP may also use automatic data collection tools such as web cookies to collect site traffic information and site traffic behavior.
In engaging and/or applying to engage services of IEMOP, you authorize IEMOP to process personal information you submitted to IEMOP in order to provide its services.
IEMOP commits to use this information only to the extent required to perform its functions under WESM Rules, relevant Market Manuals, other relevant government rules and regulations and/or its contractual obligations. IEMOP shall not share and/or process personal information without the Data Subject’s prior written consent, except: (i) when required by law, WESM Rules, relevant Market Manuals or legal process, (ii) directed by a competent government body, (iii) to investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity, (iv) to enforce the rights of IEMOP, the WESM and/or its members, or (v) in cases when allowed under the DPA, its IRR, WESM Rules, relevant Market Manuals and other relevant rules and regulations.
How IEMOP processes your personal information
IEMOP shall process your personal information in accordance with the DPA, its IRR, relevant government rules and regulations. It shall adhere to the principles of transparency, proportionality and legitimate purpose.
Your rights as Data Subject
IEMOP upholds your rights as a Data Subject as guaranteed under the DPA. These rights include the following:
- Right to Information
As a Data Subject, you have the right to information on the following:
- Description of the Personal Information to be entered into the system;
- Purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
- Scope and method of the Personal Information processing;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed;
- Methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by the Data Subject, and the extent to which such access is authorized;
- The identity and contact details of the Personal Information Controller or its representative;
- The period for which the information will be stored; and
- The existence of your rights, i.e., to access, correction, as well as the right to lodge a complaint before the Commission.
- Right to Reasonable Access
Subject to IEMOP’s evaluation, you, as a Data Subject, shall have reasonable access to the following:
- Contents of his or her Personal Information that were processed;
- Sources from which Personal Information were obtained;
- Names and addresses of recipients of the Personal Information;
- Manner by which such data were processed;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the Personal Information to recipients;
- Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect the Data Subject.
- Right to Correct
As a Data Subject, you shall have the right to correct inaccuracy or error in your Personal Information in accordance with the process prescribed under the IEMOP’s internal business protocols.
- Right to Suspend, Withdraw, or Order Blocking
As a Data Subject, you shall have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your Personal Information from the IEMOP’s Filing System upon discovery and substantial proof that your Personal Information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected in the process prescribed under the IEMOP’s internal business protocols.
- Right to Data Portability
As a Data Subject, you shall have the right, where Personal Information is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, to obtain from the IEMOP a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for further use by the Data Subject.
- Right to Transmissibility
Your lawful heirs and assigns may invoke your rights for which he or she is an heir or assignee at any time after your death or when you are incapacitated or incapable of exercising your rights.
- Right to Indemnity
You have the right to claim any damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of Personal Information in accordance with the provisions of the DPA, its IRR and any other government-issued data privacy regulations and issuances.
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your personal information in our system only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which they were obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law.
How to exercise your rights as a data subject
As the processes in exercising your rights as a data subject may vary depending on the IEMOP’s services that you have availed, you may communicate with us thru: IEMOP Corporate Communications section at email@example.com or at our offices at the 9th Floor Robinsons Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines for details. In case you have any question on this you may contact us thru the same contact details.